tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 11 11:37:04 1998

Re: Good News and Bad News

On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Neal Schermerhorn wrote:

|The good news - the famed MSN Marc Okrand newsgroup is on a new server -
|news://news.startrek.com - so I believe everyone can now access it.

Yep, I looked at it yesterday and it's available to everyone for the
moment. Even those of us stuck with using a non-Windows, text-based browser
such as Lynx over a slow modem.

|The bad news - ALL of the "expert forums" are on ONE newsgroup now. Be
|prepared to sift through lots of Treknobabble to find Klingon-related info.
|I am not pleased. As MO makes infrequent appearances as it is, now he will
|have to sift through TONS of posts which are totally unrelated to the
|language. Plus, as most of you know, large newsgroups take forever to
|download. Oh well...

Perhaps if people would tag their subject lines with "[Okrand]" it would
help us distinguish the Klingon language threads from the rest of the veQ
and also attract Marc Okrand's attention on those rare occasions when he
does visit the site.

Voragh

Back to archive top level