tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 10 00:46:08 1998

Re: KLBC Poetry

I want to have a go at some of Qov's sentences and these look as though
I should be able to do them.

In article <[email protected]>, Robyn Stewart
<[email protected]> writes
>There was a child on the floor.

ravDaq 'oH puq'e'

>On the child was a bug.

puqDaq 'oH ghew'e'

>The bug sat on the child's hand.

puq ghop ba' ghew

>The child sat on the floor and yelled.

ravDaq ba' puq. jach puq.  <<I don't know how to do "and yelled" in one
sentence - oh no, wait a sec, ravDaq ba' pug 'ej jach ghaH>>

>The child put his finger on the bug.

ghewDaq nItlhDaj lan puq <<I used place since the two puts in the TKD
didn't seem right>>

>The bug on the hand died.

Hegh ghopDaq 'oHbogh ghew'e'

<<Definitely wasn't sure about this because of having to use (as I see
it) a relative clause - The bug which was on the hand died>>

>Now that the child has killed the bug, the child is happy.

DaH ghew Hohpu' puq, vaj Quch puq

(I debated with myself about how to translate this not knowing whether
to try it with "now" adverbially or try and do it with -mo' for
"Because" and is vaj strictly necessary - I think so but I'm not sure).

--
tlhIbwI'

Back to archive top level