tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 08 08:44:33 1998

Pronouncing "''"

Hi!

I was wondering, are you really supposed to pronounce ' twice when
it occurs twice ('')? I think it's really hard to do that without
inserting a paus in between the two apostrophes, which makes it sound
like you're pronouncing two words. A good example is a sentence in TKD
{De''e' vItlhapnISpu'} which for me is almost impossible to pronounce,
unless I pronounce it as {De'e' vItlhapnISpu'} or
{De' 'e' vItlhhapnISpu'} (which, of course, is incorrect, at least
in writing). The former being what I'm wondering about, if it's correct
to pronounce it like that.

Thank you very much!

/ Peter Schuller

-----------------------------------
E-Mail: Peter Schuller <[email protected]>
Date: 08-Jan-98
Time: 17:30:49
Linux - The Choice of a GNU Generation
Be Microsoft FREE!!! Check out www.linux.org

(This message is MSF-1 compliant, which basically
means that it is guaranteed to be written and sent in a
100% Microsoft FREE environment)

Back to archive top level