tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 04 20:05:46 1998

Re: Was KLBC: 2 suffix Type 9 in a whole sentence

On Sat, 3 Jan 1998 00:32:13 -0800 (PST) David Trimboli
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [...]

Wouldn't {qotlh} be a better verb choice than {baj}?

> tlhIH lIghommeH lenglI'!
> rojHom maqta'!  roj chavtaH 'e' nID!
> The Chancellor of the High Council has died!  The attack upon him had not
> been earned!  He was traveling in order to meet *you*!  He had declared a
> truce!  He was trying to achieve peace!
>
> (I rather like the "transition" of {rojHom} to {roj} here.  He'd declared a
> {rojHom}, and was trying to make it a {roj}.)
>
> SuStel
> Stardate 98007.4

Otherwise, I think you did a fine job of it. I like it both
ways. The trial is an artificial environment and I doubt normal
speech patterns are adhered to un that place.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level