tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 23 07:46:16 1998

re: IraqDaq veS qaSchoHlaw'

peHruS, tlhIngan Hol Dalo'taHmo' qanaD.
tlhIngan Hol Dalo'chu'be'mo' chomISmoH.
pIj qayajlaHbe'.

ja' peHruS:
>tlhIngan jIHtaHvIS ru' tera' vIDabnIS

"While I am being a Klingon, Earth is temporary; I must dwell in it."
Even if I assume punctuation to separate two sentences, I don't know
what you mean.

>tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhmo' rut tlhIngan ghot vIDalaw' jay' teH wanI'vam

"Because I speak the Klingon language, apparently I sometimes act like
a $#@% Klingon person; this event is true."  Again I must assume two
sentences here.  Because you rarely punctuate, I can't tell if that's
what you meant.  If I did correctly interpret what you wrote, you have
a contradiction here.  {-law'} and {teH} say different things about
the validity of your statement.

>ghob lutIv tlhIngan wo' Dabbogh SuvwI'pu'

"Warriors who reside in Klingon empires enjoy ethics/virtue."  You
obviously left off a {lu-} on {Dabbogh}.

>'ach roj lutIv tera' Dabbogh ghotpu'

"But people who dwell on Earths enjoy peace."  This lacks the same
{lu-}.  And now I see that you probably meant {veS}, not {ghob}, in
the previous sentence.

>tay'chuq tera'nganpu'na' tlhInganpu'qoq je  (I wish peH were a verb meaning
>"include".  va.  ghuy'cha.)

"Definite Earthlings and so-called Klingons are together one another."
nuqjatlh?  Why did you use {-chuq}?  I can't figure out how you'd have
used "include" if you had it.  (And you misspelled {ghuy'cha'}, though
that's not a big problem.)

>tera' Iraq SepDaq veS'a' wISuvnISbe' 'e' vItulmo' vaj qechvam vIchup:

"Because I hope that we don't need to fight a great war in Earth's
Iraq region, thus I suggest this idea:"  Does one fight a war, or does
one fight an enemy?  I'd have said {"Iraq"-Daq maQojnISbe'...} to get
around this question.

>puvmeH janmeyvo' roj qelbogh De' ngaSbogh paqHommey tIS DIchaghmoH

"We cause light booklets which contain information which considers
peace from devices to fly to drop [something]."  I'm pretty sure the
{-moH} is wrong, since we have {pum} meaning "fall".  And the nested
{-bogh} clauses are extremely hard to read, especially since you've
got {puvmeH janmeyvo'} sitting out there with so many verbs between it
and the main verb.

>paqHommeyvamDaq IraqngnanvaD Hergh Soj je DInobqang 'e' wIqon

"We record that we are willing to give medicine and food to Iraqis in
these booklets."  This is perfectly grammatical, but I thought the
booklets were light; do you intend to make them heavy with food and
medicine?  And where are "we" recording this intent?

>chaH DIQaHqang je 'e' wIqonchu'

"We perfectly record that we also are willing to help *them*."  Again,
where is this recording?

>lalDan wIqelbe'

"We don't consider religion."  The sentence makes sense by itself, but
I don't follow the context.

>'ach lalDanmo' veS wIneHbe'

"But because of religion we don't want warfare."  Again it makes
sense as a sentence, but whose religious beliefs are these that are
urging us not to make war?  And if we don't consider religion, what
are you talking about?  You obviously *are* considering religion here.
I'm sure I don't understand your point.

>nuvpu'vaD rop ngejlaH jornebmey wIQotlh neH 'ach nganpu' DIHoHbe' wIneHbej

"Warheads can infect disease for people; we merely disable it, but we
certainly want not to kill inhabitants."  Or maybe "...He wants us to
disable it..."  If I assume punctuation again, I can understand the
beginning and end of this "sentence", though the beginning is quite
odd.  {ngej} already implies disease, and its object is quite clearly
the person or people infected.  {nuv ngejlaH jornebmey} "Warheads can
infect people."  The middle part eludes me, however.

>chaq voDleHchaj luDaw'

"Perhaps they revolt their emperor."  Hmm...I assume you want to say
"overthrow" here, but I don't think {Daw'} "revolt" makes sense with
an object.  How about {polHa'} or {che'Ha'moH}?  I'm toying with the
phrase {pe'vIl bI'}, too.

***

Because this was written in Klingon, I was prepared to answer it in
kind.  But because I'm not really sure what it says, I decided that
would probably just cause problems. :-(

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level