tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 06 15:46:15 1998

KLBC:QonoS ra'wI' QIv baroS SD98020.5

The latest installation of the chronicles of the USS Shiloh, as seen through
the Klingon-flavored Aussie eyes of Sarah Barrows. English translation
included at the end. I've sent this one also marked KLBC because of some funky
stuff I'm not quite sure of, and I figure getting critiqued by the pabpo'pu'
would be the best way to straighten it out and learn it right. I hate to think
I'm contributing to the overburdening of our esteemed BG, but I want to
continue the upsurge I began at qep'a' loSDIch. {{:-)>  cholughmoH 'e'
vIpoQneS.

QonoS ra'wI' QIv baroS
Hovjaj 98020.6

puSHu' *outpost* wejmaH javDaq majaH 'e' wIra'lu'. yuQDaq ratlhmo' beqpu' puS,
SIbI' majaHbe'pu'. DaHjaj pa' majaH. luHIvpu'lu' *outpost* 'e' wItu'. ngoy'bej
romuluSnganpu' 'e' vIHar. *outpost* wIHotlh, 'ach QIHvaD ngoy'law' DIvI'.
*outpost* QIHlaw' pu'DaH. pu'DaH lo'be' romuluSnganpu'. nISwI'mey lo' chaH.
DIvI'Daq 'urmang tu'lu''a'? qaSpu' wanI'vam.

chaq, vIQub, yuQvo' wISuQbogh De' neH vay'. yuQ wIchovtaHvIS, *outpost*Daq rop
chenmoH Qulpu' tej DIvI' 'e' wItu'. yuQDaq chovtaHvIS beq ghom wa', ropchoH
chaH. yuQDaq macheghDI' *BJ*, *Michael*, jIH je, QojmeH rop lo' 'e' Hechlaw'
DIvI' 'e' wItu'. mayay'. *outpost* wejmaH javDaq De'vam maqem 'e' wIra'lu'.
De' wIghaj nuq Sov mochpu'maj 'e' vIHar. De' maH je Qaw' neH 'e' vIHar. vaj
*outpost* maghoS 'e' ra', 'ej Qaw'. 'ach pa' maSaHbe'. ngoDvam tu'chugh vay',
wItlha'lu' 'ej wIHIvlu' 'e' vIpIH. ngoDmey teH wItu'nIS.

--

A few days ago, we were ordered to go to Outpost 36 (1). A few of our
crewmembers were still on the planet, so we didn't go right away [lit.

Perhaps, I thought, someone wanted the information we obtained from the
planet.  When we were investigating the planet, (2) we discovered that
Federation scientists had been studying the creation of disease at the
outpost. (3) While the first away team [lit. 'crewmember group one'] was
investigating the outpost, they got sick. When BJ, Michael, and I returned to
the planet, we discovered that the Federation apparently intended to use the
disease to wage war. We were shocked. We were ordered to bring this
information to Outpost 36. I believe that our superiors knew what information
we had. I believe they wanted to destroy the information and us. So they
ordered us to the outpost, and destroyed it. But we weren't there. If someone
discovers this, I expect we'll be followed and attacked. We must discover the
truth [lit. 'the true facts'].

--
1) I had begun by using the word for starbase, then realized I didn't actually
mean starbase. I played with what is actually meant by 'outpost', and what I

Back to archive top level