tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 15 13:17:21 1998

Re: Everybody's favorite verb suffixes - The rovers

> Except for {tu'lu'be'}, we've never seen these last two
>combinations.  We have seen {-be'lu'}, in that order with {-be'} negating the
>verb - or another affix like {-Ha'} - not {-lu'}.  BTW, {tu'lu'} is a strange,
>perhaps inviolable expression: you would expect {tu'be'lu'}.

Last year at Praxis I said something which contained [-be'lu'].  MO made a
comment asking if I was aware of [-be'lu'] and [-lu'be'] and that they have
different meanings; to which I kindly informed him that I did think about
which one I wanted for my sentence.
We didn't discuss it any further.  (We were quietly waiting for the Mark
Lenard Memorial Service to start.)

DloraH

Back to archive top level