tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 15 12:55:23 1998

KLBC: pIqaD question, and thanks to all

Thank you to all the excellent advice and information that I've received
re: my original post on naming, which is linked to my project of
translating business cards for some people in my company to Klingon. The
text FAQ is very useful. The numerous polite, helpful reponses I received
initially surprised me, coming from a group of Klingon-type folks! This
group is truly honerable.

The responses I got regarding picking a name all mentioned ('cept one from
a usenet newsgroup) that the name cannot begin with a vowel, and many
suggested using '. Also, there were some that suggested to just
transliterate the name, others said do whatever pleases. I think I have
decided to pick a name based on my name's meaning. Erik means "Kingly
Power" and I hope that I am not being overly presumptuous by tuning that
into ta'HoS. I believe that in the Klingon culture such a name may get me
in trouble.

My next question pertains to the pIqaD font that I have downloaded. I can't
remember where I got it, but bascially, the capital letters look like those
found at www.kli.org/kli/pics/piqdemo.gif. I want to make sure that as I
translate, I am getting the case of the lettering correct. I need some
assurance that the lettering in that gif is the capital letters for pIqaD,
and that I should be using lowercase accordingly. Alas, I have no character
map for the lowercase pIaqD characters, so I can't be entirely sure that
what I'm looking at is correct. I have not been able to find one on the
www, either.

Regards,

Erik (ta'HoS)?

Back to archive top level