tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 12 12:41:51 1998

Re: Klingon Bird of Prey (KBP) poster: THE TEXT!

ja' peHruS:
> >choH lISbogh Hap'e': cha'pujqut
> >Reaction Moderating Element - Crystalline Dilithium
>
>Just pointing out choices of words.  {choH} means "change, alter"; {lIS} means
>"adjust."  So as not to confuse beginners.....

If you're going to point things out, please do it correctly.  In this
case, {choH} is a noun.  The noun meaning is given by TKD as "change".
The phrase "matter which adjusts change" is an appropriate translation.
(What would "alter" mean as a noun, anyway?)

>Meanwhile, we already have {woj} for "reaction," in a sense of meaning.  And,
>MO did not use it here.

Who already has {woj} "reaction"?  Its definition in TKD is "radiation",
and KGT adds the verb "sterilize" (with what I imagine is an an amusing
real-life etymology).  {woj choHwI'} is "reactor", with obvious meaning.

"So as not to confuse beginners" indeed... You very nearly confused *me*
with this.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level