tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 08 09:56:10 1998

Re: question

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 21:23:02 -0800 (PST) Scot Adams
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I assume that there is a very obvious answer to this, and I know that I
> will most likely get flammed for asking . . . but, as i am new to
> Klingon . . .
>
> Where can I go for a simple, quick course in basic Klingon.  I have
> talked to Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen about the Klingon Language Institute,
> but I want a simple, quick list of grammar and vocab.  Anyone?

Hmmm. Simple, quick list of grammar and vocab.

It's called The Klingon Dictionary, by Marc Okrand. When you are
done with that, check out Klingon for the Galactic Traveler,
also by Marc Okrand. It is less concise, but it sheds new light
into some usage. The Postal Course, as others recommended, is
also good, but the Dictionary and KGT have more extensive,
useful word lists and the most concise grammar discription
you'll find anywhere. In fact, if we have any complaints about
it, it is that sometimes it is a little TOO concise for our
interest in clarity for certain details.

> {Scot cringes as he prepares himself to receive the brunt of the attack
> . . .}

No attack. Just advice.

> A bus station is where a bus stops.
> A train station is where a train stops.