tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 07 07:02:20 1998

Re: Yet more questions

>Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 19:22:04 -0800 (PST)
>From: TPO <[email protected]>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: Yet more questions
>
>>For a technologically advanced race such as the Klingons, there
doesn't
>>seem to be a whole lot of terms for mathematic things, like adding or
>>subtracting, etc.
>
>They do exist, we just don't know them all yet.  :)
>

>>How would I do such things like:
>>add
>
>TKD p119  chel  add
>
>>subtract
>
>TKD p156  nge'  take away
>this could probably work
>
>>multiply
>>divide
>>make fractions (like 1/5)
>
>not yet
>
>>make decimal numbers (like 1.45)
>
>KGT p239  decimal point  vI'
>

>DloraH

I know about the decimal point, but how would it be used?
There aren't any combining forms, like -maH "tens", for tenths and
hundredths.

I think I have a way to do fractions. Use 'ay'. "fragment, piece"
Like 5/6 would be vagh 'ay' jav "five parts of six"

5/6 of an apple would be vagh 'ay' jav 'apel 'ay'
"five of six apple parts, I used 'apel for apple as an example."