tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 04 06:36:58 1998

Re: Yet more questions

ghItlh monbogh tlhIngan:

>This might sound rather Borgish but why not "(number) of (number)" ? Is
>ther an "of" in Hol?
>
> --da laffin tlhIngan :>

There is no word "of" on its own, usually verbs/nouns contain the meaning of
"of", or it's translated in a completely different way.

For multiplication, I would use the {-logh} suffix:
{wejlogh Hut rap cha'maH Soch} "27 is the same as three times nine"
(I used this order, because most people say the answer after the
calculation)

Is {wav} "divide" meant in the mathematical sense?
{wa' wav vagh} would thus be "five divides one", or one fifth.
{wa' wav vagh rap pagh vI' cha'}

understandable??

Quvar muHwI'
http://members.aol.com/lieven/