tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 07 07:54:55 1998

A few phrases.

As practice for Klingon, I decided to translate a few sentences, tag
lines, and bits of dialogue from my favorite show, "The X-Files." (His
favorite show isn't Star Trek! Burn the heretic! Actually, I don't get
UPN, so the only time Star Trek comes on is 11:30 PM on Saturdays, which
is rather inconvenient. And anyway the Star Trek phrases have probably
been all translated anyway.) Anyway, here goes:

(If you need any background info concerning any of these, just ask.)

The truth is out there: voghDaq vIt tu'lu'

Trust no one: vay' yIvoqQo'

Deny everything: Hoch yItem

Apology is policy: tlhIj 'e' 'oH ngochchaj'e'

I want to believe: jIHar vIneH

Believe the lie: neplu'chugh yIHar

Resist or serve: bIqaDbe'chugh bItoy'

"The truth is out there, but so are lies.": voghDaq vItlu' 'ach voghDaq
neplu' je

"What am I onto here?": nuq vItu'pu'
"Monsters begetting monsters.": Ha'DIbaHmeyvo' boghtaH Ha'DIbaHmey

"Don't try and threaten me, Mulder.": HIbuQQo' mulDer
"I've watched presidents die.": Hegh che'wI'pu' 'e' Dabejpu'

"We are not who we are.": maHbogh maHbe'

"I won't give up.": jIjeghQo'
"I can't give up, not as long as the truth is out there": jIjeghlaHbe'
voghDaq vIt tu'lu'taHvIS

"Nothing disappears without a trace.": ngabchu' pagh

"You can't bury the truth.": vIt bomollaHbe'

"Think you can hold me?": tuSevlaH DaQub'a'

"Your aliens, Agent Mulder, your little green men arrived here millions
of years ago."
'uy'ben naDev paw novpu'lI', Duy mulDer, loDHom pu'lI'

So how'd I do?