tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 29 07:43:42 1998

Re: Much ado

According to David Trimboli:

> Is {tuv} a verb of state or a verb of activity?  If you think you can say
> {loD tuv} "the patient man," then you must accept that {tuv} is a verb of
> state, and therefore you must accept that {yItuv'eghmoH} is the correct
> command to give.  (Or, perhaps Lawrence actually meant {petuv'eghmoH}.)

Or perhaps, {petuvchoH!} if we allow ourselves to expand in
this way as someone else suggested...

> Still, this rule is broken sometimes.  How about {QaghlIj tIchID; yIyoH!}
> "Have the courage to admit your mistakes"?  Is {yoH} a verb of state or a
> verb of activity?  Can you say {loD yoH} "brave man"?

vagh tlhInganpu' yoH

I'm uncertain of the number, but it was used this way when
counting items on the audiotape Conversational Klingon.

> SuStel
> Stardate 98324.9

charghwI'

Back to archive top level