tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 17 06:06:50 1998

KLBC - What do I do

How would I say "What do I do". I know the word act/take action ( vang )
but I don't believe that is truly getting the point across. For example:

chay' jIvang
How do I act?

I thought about using "what" ( nuq ) but that is supposed to fit in the
sentence where the answer would go. If I use ( vang ) it appears to be
intransitive and if so then there is no object, so no place for "what". I
think.

-------------------------------

Along the same lines I believe that the following does work

chay' vIQaH 'e' vISovbe'vIp
I'm afraid that I don't know how to help.

If I substitute ( vang ) for ( QaH ) and use the above is ( vang ) the
closest I can come to "I don't know what to do"?

Thank you,

Ken
Kalos/qeyloS

vay''e' muvmoHbogh ghob chevlaHbe' Hegh.

Back to archive top level