tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 10 16:45:34 1998

Re: Hi

At 15:11 98-04-09 -0700, David Baxter wrote:
}Hello.
}
}I am totally new to the Klingon world, and want to learn everything
}there is to know about their culture, and language.
}
}Any good books/web sites I should go for?

Welcome, David.  I'm Qov, this list's current Beginners' Grammarian, the
designated answerer of beginners' questions.  This is a language list, not a
culture list.  We'll help with the language and send you to other discussion
groups or private e-mail for the culture, unless you discuss it in Klingon.

The book you need first is The Klingon Dictionary, by Marc Okrand.  Details
on it and other published canon works on the Klingon language are on this
list's FAQ at http://labs.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.htm

The Klingon Language Institute webpage at http://www.kli.org has soundfiles,
a supplementary word list, and other useful information.  That site also has
links to KLI members' webpages.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level