tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 30 18:58:50 1996

KLBC - bIDo'

I'm wearing my TKD down to shreds...

I'm finding I frequently have beginners-type questions that don't get
answered in subsequent posts.  If it's ok, I'll post them as KLBC for
clarification.

A recent exchange included the following:

 <post by Amos>

 to which Jimmy responded (in part):

	Fourth, biDo' ghItlhlI' tlhIngan-Hol.

which was corrected (?) by qSeroHS (Niall Hosking):

	Secondly, I presume you got your word-order wrong...shouldn't
	that be tlhIngan Hol (no hyphen) ghItlhI' bIDo'   ?

(and also corrects Jimmy's "bi" --> "bI")

First question:  which *is* correct word order.  (I assume the latter,
since Jimmy was saying something like "{do something} writing Klingon"

Second question:  How does bIDo' translate?  TKD lists Do' as "lucky"
and bI as "subject You, no object."   I don't see how luck fits in to
this context - "You are lucky to write Klingon"  ??
I'm confused...

- Al Weiner -
[email protected]

Back to archive top level