tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 28 07:41:54 1996

RE: short note re:KLBC

On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Qov wrote:

> -----from trI'Qal's introduction ------ lIH'eghtaHvIS trI'Qal
> HoD trI'Qal ([email protected])
> Tue, 20 Aug 1996 20:47:27 -0700
>
> 7. Please don't try to correct another Beginner's post, even in Klingon. I ask
> that for my peace of mind... if you correct them, and your corrections are
> wrong, I now have to correct *both* you and them. If I have already
> responded to a post, it is open season for anyone else to offer alternate
> translations... but I should warn you, if you offer another suggestion, and
> your grammar is incorrect... I'll correct you as well. :) It would be better if
> you didn't try to correct other beginners as a general rule, though.

     Well said.  However, given that trI'Qal seems to have disappeared
into a blackhole or something, and that there has been a huge backlog of
KLBC messages, perhaps something needs to be done.  I hate to say it, but
maybe it is time for a new Beginner's Grammarian who has the free time to
devote to the list the attention it requires.  Because of this problem
the premature discussion lately of KLBC messages is certainly
understandable (although not acceptable), since a lot of them seem to be
going without official responses.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thomas M. Zeman                       " reH nuHmey tu'lu' "
                                      " reH *Republican*pu' taHjaj! "

(Ex!)Chairman, Connecticut Division, United States Fencing Association
Prime Minister, Fat Dog Fencing Club, Wallingford, CT

University of Bridgeport:  Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
EMAIL:  [email protected]  and/or  [email protected]
PGP Public Key:  0145FDE5  (Keyfile available upon request)

Back to archive top level