tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 22 14:15:01 1996

Re: Words from the wild (was Re: Par'Mach is ...)

> > To me it is just jibberish, but maybe someone could come up with a
> > reasonable explanation as to why it appears to say "small dislike". I can
>     My explanation, we don't know.  Definition by etymology is a common error.
> Did you know that by etymology, the word 'embarass' means 'prevent'?

Well it actually might fit in Klingon culture pretty well.  Klingons have been
shown to have a sense of humor, trading barbs with Riker.  So in that
vein it could be akin to couples who trade "love" words for each other
like sweetie pie,  snookums, honeybunch etc.  Also some couples  enjoy
talking "dirty" to each other during lovemaking.  So I could see how
only a "small dislike" would fit either of these with Klingon flair
and sense of hunmor as a slang or colloquial term for "love" or in this
case love mixed with lust.

Back to archive top level