tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 11 07:55:49 1996

BG yIloSqu'! (was Re: help with this.)

~mark wrote:
~m>...this is clearly a newcomer asking a newcomer's question (as
~m>indeed the first line of the question states) and so should have been left
~m>to the Beginner's Grammarian.  Remember, if KLBC were the only criterion,
~m>how would any newcomers know to use it?  You have to BE here to see it!

Denny Shortliffe writes:
DS>I don't see that it's my job to determine who is and isn't a beginner.

DavumnISbe' SoH.  bIlaDnIS neH.  ngu''eghta' taghwI'vam!

DS>The criterion I was given was "Subject begins with KLBC".

jangta' taghwI'pu' pabpo' ghorgh 'e' loSnISlu'?
De'vam QIjchu'ta' trI'Qal.
'utbe' "KLBC".
tlhobchugh taghwI', loSlu'.
nap chutvam, qar'a'?

DS>Your point has merit but I still feel that's not my job.

taghwI' pab DalughmoHmeH bIvangnISbe' je.
Qu'Daj'e' ta' trI'Qal 'e' yIchaw'.

DS>And I don't see the BG rushing
DS>in here, either to deal with the problem, nor to support your contention.

moDbe'bej trI'Qal.  Do'Ha'.
vI'lI' tlhobbogh taghwI' jabbI'IDmey.
'ach bItuvnIStaH.  yIloStaH.

DS>Until I receive a somewhat more official correction, I will stand by my
DS>policy on this.

wejpuH.
pabpo'na' ghaH ~mark.
KLI che'wI' boQchu'taH je.
Lawrence boQDu'Hey ghaH.
naDev woQna' ghajbej.
~mark woQ yIvuv 'ej yIlob!

choHnISba' ngochlIj.

SKI (Summary for the Klingon-Impaired):
    KLBC or not, wait for the BG to answer beginners' questions.
    ~mark *is* an official corrector.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level