tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 11 07:44:38 1996

RE: my first Klingon phrase

Pay attention, people.  The rule is that BEGINNERS' QUESTIONS are to be
answered by the Beginners' Grammarian.  The lack of a "KLBC" flag isn't
relevant; beginners often don't know about it.  How do we know this was
from a beginner?  Read the subject line -- it says *first* phrase!
-------------------

I do agree with this and in this case it was obviously from a beginner.
However two points should be made:

1.  The line is rather vague in many cases.  I haven't see the FAQ recently but
does it contain a definition of a beginner question other than "contains KLBC"?

2.  Our BG is a bit behind and doesn't seem to be catching up, sort of like the national
debt.  No slam intended, just a simple observation.  I have KLBC questions pending
well over a month old.

A beginner might as well not attempt anything new for fear of making the same
mistake over and over without being corrected.  In many cases some help is
better than none.

I've just plain avoided posting my KLBC questions because I know I won't be
getting any answers in the near future.

Maybe we can relax the rules just a bit while the BG gets it together again?  Or can
someone stand in for her temporarily?

Please don't get me wrong, her answers have always been most satisfying.  We all
have real jobs and lives outside this list.  I, of all people, understand the problem of running
of over committing myself.

HetaQ

application/ms-tnef

Back to archive top level