tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 13 10:23:11 1996

Re: missunderstandings

TL>In a message dated 96-06-08 21:56:28 EDT, K'aan writes:

TL>>How would a klingon say, in english?
TL>>
TL>>
TL>>I do remember someone saying:
TL>>"Humans talk a lot, but say nothing."
TL>>
TL>>I dont want to make that mistake, too.
TL>>I did enough others anyway.
TL>>
TL>>
TL>>
TL>>To everyone i seemed to be a rude and
TL>>unpolite qne to:
TL>>Take this as an explanation and
TL>>an excuse!
TL>>
TL>>
TL>>K`aan

TL>First of all, I don't think you have been rude.  Misunderstood, maybe.  But,
TL>that happens to all of us.  We are here to help each other learn tlhIngan
TL>Hol.  If we become freinds in the process, so be it.  We do not intend to
TL>become enemies.  But, sometimes we challenge each other.

TL>law' jatlh tera'nganpu' ach paghna' jatlh chaH

TL>peHru
klingon is a 'rude' language, if one is accustomed to all sorts of words
to blunt meaning and put vaseline around concepts. Here, in Jamaica,
many people speak a kind of patois which is also very rude. I have also
found, in my learning of sign language that the deaf are very rude, by
these constructs, for a deaf person will sign to me, 'come, do, look'
without any please.
so the prob. is that one is seeing everything from yankee coloured
glasses.

Back to archive top level