tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 18 16:57:49 1996

Re: KLBC: mistranlated or typo??

Andrew 'Ska' Netherton ([email protected]) writes:
}A few random phrases that have popped up here I've tried
}translating, with only partial success. The first, which makes sense:

jIHagh.  yuQvam vISuchta'.  (I've been there).

Dojlaw'bogh jabbI'IDmey vIlaDmeH, Sar vIpol jabbI'IDghomvam vImuvDI'.
vIlaDlaHbe'qu'mo' jISotchoH 'ej bIH vIlon. DaH De'wI'wIjDaq jabbI'IDmeyvetlh
vISampu' 'ej vIlaDlaHbe'qu'taH.  Dap bIH neH.

When I joined the list I saved a variety of impressive-looking
postings in order to read them, but was distressed and left them,
because I could not.  Not long ago on my computer I found a
directory full of them -- and I continue to be unable to read them.
They're just nonsense.

ghovoqQo'!  Don't trust us!  Many of the people posting here are
beginners.  Look at the list of Grammarians and sometime BGs on the
FAQ and then trust those people to have pretty good Klingon, but
tIvoqchu'Qo'.  Everyone makes mistakes, plus I believe that even the
best Klingon posted here, in absolute accordance with TKD and within
all the boundaries of controversy, would read, to a *real Klingon,*
a lot like we saw the instruction manuals that came out of Japan in
the 1970's: largely technically correct English, peppered with
bizarre errors,  always quirky-sounding, and occasionally lapsing into
utter unintelligibility, and obviously unintended meanings.

powI'pu', Samaw' 'e' vIHechbe'ba'.  tlhInganna'vaD tlhaQbe' ghItlhlIj
'e' DaHarchugh vaj yImorgh.

Do not taunt happy fun ball.

--Qov.

Back to archive top level