tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 23 08:12:09 1996

Re: Is there any GOOD Klingon on video?

>Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:34:48 -0700
>From: [email protected]

>Well, I can't make out much, especially when the translator begins speaking,
>but here's what I HEAR:

>~~~{taH paH Qo noS waaDaQ baHta' DaH wa'noS . . .}

>Given funny pronunciation, I can make some of this out:

>{~taH ~paH Qo'noS wa'Daq baHta' ~wa'noS . . .}

>Still lots of unidentifyable bits, but I think it's reasonable to assume that
>he's saying (or trying to say) *something*.

>The translator begins saying " . . . that Enterprise fired on Kronos One
>without provocation, . . ." which takes care of the {Qo'noS wa'Daq baHta'}
>part.

Without listening to the words, and pulling theories out of my ridges, here
are some other thoughts....

Maybe the "t" and "'" were mispronounced/misheard in the first two
syllables, and it should have been "baHpa' Qo'noS wa'"/"before Kronos One
fired...."  That could work for "without provocation" Or maybe that's the
"baHta'" and the "wa'noS" should be "Qo'noS" and the first part is the
firing of the Enterprise....

Just some random synapse-traffic.  *I* wouldn't trust it.

~mark

Back to archive top level