tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 22 11:49:43 1996

Re: Martial Arts Book

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 01:32:26 -0400
>From: [email protected] (HoD trI'Qal)
>To: [email protected], Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: KLBC: Sentence for Martial Arts Project.
>At 12:20 PM 8/21/96 -0700, Mike Rowe wrote:
>>I am writting a Klingon version to my Student Handbook.  I thought it would be
>>fun to give at conventions and batleH seminars.  I felt it was important to
>>learn the language.  here goes.
>

>Um... this could get tricky.  I generally don't recommend that you start by
>translating something somone else wrote, because there is no guarantee that
>what they gave you is a beginner-level text *for translation*.  Usually.
>Fortunately, this is a Handbook, and as long as you remember you can
>re-phrase things a bit if you have troubles, then it isn't as bad as if you
>were doing a song or poem...

Well, Since I am the one who wrote it I can do what ever I want with the wording
now.

Just so everyone knows I am in the process of writing a Handbook on a style of
Klingon Martial Art.  I want to have complete development from history, customs,
and then eventually techniques.  I would like to have to versions or a combined
version (like Hamlet).  A Klingon Version that would be like the manual (yes it
would be on-line) given to new students and a Klingon Academy.  And an English
version that would be given to Federation peoples trying to learn this art.

This is going to take time and energy on my part but I am in a race with about
10 other people, to get a good book and send it to Pocket Books.

At the very least I will have a nice manual, like I said, for giving at
conventions, and seminars.

Qapla'
batlhro'

Back to archive top level