tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 20 19:03:44 1996

RE: Punctuation

When I'm writing in English, if I use a Klingon word I enclose it in //'s
to set it off.  We noticed early on that it's difficult to use quotes,
because it makes it difficult to see trailing apostrophes (').  I believe
that people use <> for the same purpose.   There's no "official" convention
as to which to use, but it helps to use something.

When writing Klingon, it's also convention to set off English words, and
most folks use asterisks (*) for this.  Again, there's no official symbol
to use, but it's generally expected that something be used, to make it
clear.

--Holtej