tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 17 08:55:49 1996

re: PK opening scene question

Is there a general concensus here that the Terran says {maja'chuqjaj}?  I
still hear {bIja'chuqjaj}, althought admitted they're pretty close.
Also, I hear {DuH} instead of {tugh}, which makes more sense to me.
(What is the Klingon saying to "hurry up" about?  O right, buying
something.  Hmmm.  chaq lugh)  I liked Glen Proechel's {Dachoqbe'}.

What I thought I heard though was:

{quvwIj DatIchpu', tera'ngan.  bIngDaq 'e' DaqqoqlIj'e'.}
Which I take to mean "Your so-called place is on the floor", rather
similar in structure to that "You belong in a blackhole in the
netherworld" insult.  However, the first {'e'} should have been an
{'oH}.  Is everyone certain that it is {bIyIntaH}?  I hear {bIyIngDaq},
which makes absolutely no sense.

 dave yeung
{toD Duj 'oH toDuj'e'}
Courage is a ship to the rescue