tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 19 11:31:20 1996

Re: PK opening scene question

>Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 09:02:17 -0700
>From: Dave Yeung <[email protected]>

>Is there a general concensus here that the Terran says {maja'chuqjaj}?  I
>still hear {bIja'chuqjaj}, althought admitted they're pretty close.

I always heard "maja'chuqjaj."  "*bIja'chuqjaj" would not be correct, since
we are told that "-chuq" can only be used with plural subjects (how can
"you (singular) talk to each other"?).  Hrm.  I suppose "ja'chuq" can be
taken as a lexicalized form, no longer "ja'"+"-chuq", but it still doesn't
make much sense in second-person singular in this situation.

~mark

Back to archive top level