tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 15 15:27:04 1996

Re: Hello.

jIghItlhpu':

> >pablIj vIpojqangbe' 'ach QaQlaw' pablIj.
> >tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' soHtaHvIS batlh Daghaj.
> >Qapla' Daghajjaj.

ghItlhpu' ~mark:

> Also looks good (though "tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' SoHtaHvIS" is kind of
> long-winded).  Very good response!

DaH tlhIngan yab 'oHlaw' yabwIj'e'! {{:-)

I must have been "thinking Klingon" at work the other day -- a colleague
messed up something on one of our servers and I said {jIbelHa'qu'!} to him,
much to his surprise ! And yes, he did need a translation :-)

I have been asked by some, "Why are you learning Klingon ?? There are lots
of other, useful, languages to learn." My response is "Well, I *enjoy*
learning Klingon !".

I guess you pick up languages you enjoy easier than you pick up, say, French
(eugh) ...

ghItlhpu' je ~mark:

[Is {je} in the right place ? TKD 5.3 - after the verb ? Or should it be
{ghItlhpu' ~mark je:} ??]

> >yIn nI' Daghajjaj!  (< may you have a long life)
>
> I've always liked "nI'jaj yInlIj."

Yeah. Much nicer :-)

nI'jaj yInlIj

Rob