tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 23 00:36:28 1995

More on "Which?"

The more I think about this problem, the better I like the suggestion of
<nuqDIch>.  This seems [to me] particularly appropriate when asking which of
a number of things might be chosen.

Still, I wish to being up another construction:

targhmey nuq targh Daje' DaneH
= Which targ are you going to buy?

Here we see redundancy being employed to indicate the question:  which?  In
that Klingons have a tendency to "clip" almost as much as they can get away
with, <targhmey> will often get dropped, leaving:

nuq targh Daj' DaneH

Is this going to cause problems?  Now we have a noun-noun construct <nuq
targh>.  Does this mean "targ of what" or "what targ," quite literally in
that order.

bIQochchugh pagh bIQochbe'chugh pejang

peHruS

Back to archive top level