tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 19 12:42:16 1995

Re: That's my name, don't use it up.

According to [email protected]:

> As to the pronunciation.
>
> r'Hul = roll the r and suddenly stop, "hech" the H and blend it into the
> <ul>.  Use a lot of phlegm.  This is based on the Russian "Ruchelle", a
> variation of Rachel. (There, now you know my secret identity.{{:-)   >)
> There is no "u as in uh" in tlhIngan Hol, but "uh" is a glottal stop.
> That's why I used it.

I suspect that the {a} is closer to the "uh" you want than
either {u} or {'}.

> I saw in TKD that, in there, the ' only shows up after vowels, y and w. But
> how else would you show the abrupt ending of a sound?  i.e. Gr vs. Grrrrr.

Just put in the closest vowel and THEN put in the glottal stop.
*ra'Hul*, *rachel* *ra'chel* or whatever. Still, you've been
using r'Hul long enough that everyone recognizes it. qay'be'.

> r'Hul

charghwI'
--

 \___