tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 16 11:54:45 1995

Re: bInep! Re: Beowulf

> Do not mistake me. Beowulf is a great warrior, and his deeds deserve
> to be honored.  But Hrothgar and his men do NOT deserve the same.
> THEY are the petaQmey, and it is a sign of Beowulf's honor that he
> is willing to fight their battles for them. This needs to be made
> clear when the epic is translated back into Klingon.

Okay, we are getting off topic here But i what to put in a word.

DO THE TRANSLATION!

You could well consider Beowulf the archtypicle Klingon warrior,
a true follower of Kahless.

Hrothgar and his men could well represent the unenlightened Klingon
"warrior" who do not know of Kahless or who no longer are visited
in thier dreams by Kahless.

--
 David Barron                    ||           lup Hoch yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course  ||           qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level