tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 16 11:49:28 1995

Re: Glottal (and other) stops

>So "glottal stop" isn't some mystical phrase coined to define the peculiar
>grunt that Klingon {'} represents.  It's just a particular kind of a "stop".

  Not being even close to an expert on speaking Klingon, I usually describe
glottal stops to people who haven't even begun learning as, "start to say
the sound, the pretend someone punched you in the chest just hard enough to
make you stop talking for a fraction of a second, then continue with the
sound a little quieter"

  If this is off, please tell me, because I'm doing "it" wrong. :)

Qapla!

Jim

Back to archive top level