tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 16 07:44:55 1995

bInep! Re: Beowulf

ghItlhta' L. Purple ([email protected]):

>I dunno... The so-called "Honor Danes" sit around *crying* because their
>friends died fighting !?  Their leader is too old to fight any more, yet
>they still obey him?!  This implies unthinkable cowardice, from the king
>for not having died yet in battle;  and from his warriors, since none of
>them challenge him for command.

[Soqra'tIS, frothing at the mouth, securely bound, dictates this response
to his secretary]:

bIjatlh 'e' yImev!!!!! bInep petaQ *pethew*

Sacrilege! Have you asked yourself "How great a warrior THAT king must be
to have lived so long?". Do you not realize that a WISE ruler does not
squander his resources. Is it not glorious that HIS troop hold him in such
HIGH HONOR? You call his men cowards because they have not challenged him?
Maybe they have, and none have survived! It is a story told to puqpu' to
inspire them to be more like *B'awulv.

>I suspect this story would NOT play well with Klingon audiences, unless
>you re-wrote it so that Beowulf is a Klingon, who shows up to help the
>pitiful humans fight the monster, and teaches them not to be afraid of
>dying in battle.  Sort of like the STTNG "Birthright" episode...

We all know how the Federation attempts to make use look foolish and weak.
I too cry out in anger that the epic of *B'awulv has been reduced to a
foolish story which the earthers can laugh at. My blood SCREAMS with the
desire that it be restored to it's true form. Yes, Andrew
<[email protected]>, restore our warrior's deeds to us, be
honorable to his memory....

[Soqra'tIS, under armed guard, shuffles off down the hallway for his
Lithium and coffee]

Smile, guys, it's FRIDAY!

      vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay' - DumaS
vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Soqra'tIS           [email protected]

Back to archive top level