tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 07 09:52:11 1995

The meaning of taH was Re: petaQ was Re: Staff Writers and their tlhIngan Holqoq

Hey, I forgot to say one thing....

be' taH.  (two words)

Is a legal sentence, not that we know what it means.  If I hadn't been so
busy griping about trying to interpret {be'taH}, I'd have noticed it.
Shame on all of us...

Now, what it would mean that

The woman is at a negative angle.

Is indeed *ripe* for speculation....  SCATOLOGICAL REFERNCE WARNING
^L
^L

If "at a negative angle" is indeed in the class with nga', nga'chuq, and
ngagh....  I think we know then what it could mean...

a) non-erect (as in the male organ)

b) positioned in an adjusted missionary position.  Feet planted on ground
lifting hips into air....

c) similar with rear position, knees on ground, head to ground; back
arched at a "negative angle"....

d) descriptive as to a possible position of ngaghmey during nga'chuq....

loD taH be' taHbe' tu'lu'

(Translation: Here the man is below and the woman above.)

Now, I'm really laughing about "taH pagh taHbe'"!!!!!!!!!!
Doesn't this just all make sense!  That Shakespeare actually has Hamlet
asking the age-old question of who's on top!!!!!

Please, let's suggest to MO this explanation for "at a negative angle".
It'd be the greatest in-joke on the planets!

<[email protected]> #1 910 759 5532, fax -6142 ..Pardon me, but if I must
David E G Sturm, Laboratory Manager            operate in a vacuum, may
Wake Forest University Department of Physics   I at least have a little
7507 Reynolda Station, Winston-Salem NC 27109  ether to calm my nerves?

Back to archive top level