tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 07 08:39:11 1995

Staff Writers and their tlhIngan Holqoq

On Tue, 6 Jun 1995, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> A woman at a negative angle makes me think
> of someone lying on a situp-bench, with her head below her feet.  Um, maybe
> that does indicate something in Klingon culture, but it doesn't seem to me
> that a throwaway line in an episode is the way to tell us that.

Hmmmm... Maybe it's a "clever" way of saying...

Well, it looks like it could allude to all sorts of nasty terms sometimes
applied to women of loose morals.  Staff writers (and some triggers) are
notorious for making up words to explain untranslatables.

Hmmmm...  a woman at a negative angle...  sound potentially insulting to
me, depending on the insinuation.

chuQun, completely vertical.

Back to archive top level