tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 03 07:44:33 1995

Re: Gerundives

According to [email protected]:

> Reading makes me tired.
>
> How do we get the gerundive "reading" from the verb "reads" in Klingon using
> the root "laD"?

I see this and recognize that if I answer the question you ask,
I have to say {laDtaHghach}, but I'll be wincing the whole time
I do it. The REAL answer is that you don't want to get a
genrundive at all. You want to recast the sentence using
grammatical tools more native to the Klingon language.

jIlaDDI' jIDoy'choH.

There are several other ways to say it, though I like them less:

jIlaDDI' muDoy'moH Qu'vetlh.

jIlaDtaHmo' jIDoy'.

etc.

charghwI'