tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 17 11:26:29 1995

Re: bogh SuvwI'

According to Alan Anderson:

>     I want to say "movie" or "video" so I tried {HaSta vIH},
>     but when I translate back to English it comes out more
>     like "traveling TV set." :-(
>     Since much (most?) canon comes from the ST movies, I
>     hope there is a preferred translation for "movie."
>     If there is, would someone please tell me what it is?

In the Trek world as we've seen it, ALL the pictures seem to
move (except for the anacronistic ones Pikard had in the most
recent movie). I would think they needed a special term for
STILL pictures and that the word for picture would normally
cover moving ones.

Meanwhile, the "movie" about the Genesis Project was referred
to as the Genesis "data". I believe it was qa'vam De'. I
suspect that they would think of a "movie" as a recording of
information.

charghwI'
--

 \___