tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 17 05:45:08 1995

Re: PK

> That sounds more or less right; this may have been written up already
in a
> HolQeD.  Try searching the archives of this list; I'm sure it was brought
> up already.

You're right, it was. I didn't find any conclusion, however. The closest to
the tricky part was "You don't deserve to live" (with no word for "deserve")

I submitted the query with a search string of [quvwIj DatIchpu']

> >Do you think "boiling wormwine" is a strange compound,
> >{pubtaHboghghargh HIq} or even {pubtaHboghgharghHIq}?
> Strange?  No.  Compound?  No.  pubtaHbogh ghargh HIq.

Oh. Okrand just speaks it quickly then. If you dismiss the idea of a
strange compound, so do I.

However, if you think it's {ghargh HIq}, do you also think "bloodwine" is
{'Iw HIq}? Do we have a spelling?

> (what kind of word is *lIghQa' anyway?  There's no such suffix as -Qa')

HIvqa' ....... (I managed to mix it with -Qo'.)

> Okrand has told us it's "lItHa'", which unfortunately doesn't help us in
> the slightest, since who knows what lIt means?  The sentence isn't really
> clear enough to hazard a guess.

Oh. Hmm, if {lItHa'} is "get off", then perhaps {lIt} is a synonym for {'el}
or something very much similar. You think he'll tell us someday?

> ~mark

 .:ghor:.

Back to archive top level