tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 15 10:54:37 1995

Re: repeated apology

According to Mark J. Reed:

> I obviously missed another canonical reference.    This is why my post was
> formed as a question: "Is it considered legal?"  I was simply surprised.
> If I had been speaking authoritatively, I would have expected the sarcastic
> tone of charghwI's reply . . .

Again, I apologise. While I have generally been coping well
with recent challenging family situations, this single instance
was a complete failure to do so. Again, I apologize. The tone
of my response had nothing to do with your posting and
everything to do with my failure to isolate my emotional
reaction to a personal tragedy from my role as Beginners'
Grammarian.

> -marqoS

Your comments about {vaj} are quite interesting. Yes, I have
been using it as a conjunction, as has Okrand. I see it used
more often as a conjunction than as an adverbial, though I do
see it used as an adverbial. Considering the quantity of canon
using it as a conjunction, we probably should see if Okrand
wants to officially recognize {vaj} as both a conjunction and
an adverbial.

charghwI'
--

 \___