tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 15 11:26:45 1995

Signing off

Finally catching up with my mail, I can see that Seqram (~mark)
and I have redundently responded to several posts.

It happens.

Anyway, yes, I do need to back off a bit. The search for a new
BG is on. I have already proposed a candidate, but it is not my
choice to make.

I do not expect to dissappear entirely from the list. I'll
still write stuff, and I'll be one of the people keeping the
new BG honest. Part of the tradition of being BG is that the
former BGs keep correcting your corrections until that magic
day when it all gels and because of all the practice you get
responding to everyone, you find yourself actually speaking
Klingon with a modicum of accuracy.

At this point, my concern is that the list is just now very
much alive and I love it, but it's killing me. If I remain in
this role through what has become a very difficult time, then
the list will suffer, especially when there is at least one
other person with more energy and sufficient skills to handle
the beginning edge of the role.

I am definitely better with the language now than I was when I
started as BG. It is time to let someone else enjoy that
learning experience.

Until a new BG is appointed, I will probably respond some of
the time (because I can't stand seeing posts that need comment
not get responded to and because I know Seqram isn't really
that much more available than I am at this time). I hope the
list does not suffer for my sporadic participation, and MOSTLY
I'm looking forward to there being a new BG who can sustain
this thriving community.

Qapla'

charghwI'
--