tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 14 13:14:43 1995

Re: KLBC: Another load of tribble....

>Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 11:18:45 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "Silauren, Half-Elven" <[email protected]>

>On Mon, 13 Feb 1995, A.Appleyard wrote:

>> > Date sent:      Sun, 12 Feb 1995 08:39:28 -0500
>> > From:           [email protected] (toDbaj, AberdeenDaq tlhIngan)

>> What does {toDbaj} mean? All my analyser can make of it is:-

Indeed.  We know not all names in Klingon mean obvious things (qeylIS,
torgh, mara, valQIS, qoreQ, etc).  It's been suggested than names, like
transliterations, be flagged so the inexperienced wouldn't get confused
trying to look them up; maybe that's a plan.  I believe toDbaj took his
name from the animals mentioned in PK (tho Okrand has confirmed my spelling
of the word as to'baj in HolQeD).

>--naQ'avwI'

~mark, who uses the handle Seqram.

Back to archive top level