tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 12 19:36:04 1995

MUSH: Some notes

Some of you may already know that there is a move being made on the MUSH
to start up a Klingon Role-Playing area.  It's nearing the point now that
people interested should be considering their characters; the area isn't
finished by any means, but it's getting there relatively quickly.

I realize the MUSH is not intended for role-playing, but for learning.
However, the point of the role-playing IS learning.  People portraying
characters in the role-playing area are expected to speak in tlhIngan Hol
and never in anything else.

The thinking behind this is that if a Klingon environment is set up,
with Klingon motives and social push, it should be an impetus to speak
the language, and, more importantly, it should be _easier_ to speak
Klingon in a Klingon setting, because the language is better suited for
that style of speaking, rather than human smalltalk.

Anyway, if you're interested, e-mail me as [email protected], or page me
or +mail me when I'm on the MUSH if you're interested.  The "game zone"
can be accessed by typing '@tel #993' when you get on-line.

tugh //KEVE//Daq maQuj 'ej bIQuj je vIneH.  SoHvaD Dajchugh tugh jIH
chojatlhnIS.  jabbI'IDlIj vIHev 'e' vItulqu'.  Qapla'

...Paul

           Paul, [email protected].  yIlImQo'qu'  (Don't Panic!)
      I'm graduating this May...  Quick!  Hire me!  (518) 276-4610
          Resume on WWW Homepage at http://www.rpi.edu/~cleggp

Back to archive top level