tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 17 15:41:04 1995

}} jIHvaD Seng mu'meyvam

As many of you have done, I keep my own annotated dictionary
which I update as new words, meanings or usages show up in canon.
Realizing that some people (including me) have not been on this
list from its inception, I would like to list the words which
have been acknowledged as canon (please correct me where wrong)
since TKD was published.

gheyIl

Errors in TKD (first printing 1992) *****************************
1 bol [drool - v] is only in the English-Klingon side of TKD
2 Sec. 5.5 has ghuy'cha' [general invective] while
  Addendum 5.5 has ghay'cha' - is this a typo?
3 The Appendix (p 170) has {Your nose is shiny} as
  {boch ghIchraj}. Shouldn't this be <ghIchlIj>?
4 Addendum 6.4 reads {Tag questions ... are formed by using the
  verb <gar> ...}. This should read <qar>.
5 Addendum 6.7 has {HaqwI' 'e' DaH yISam}. There should not be a
  space before <'e'>. It should read {HaqwI''e' DaH yISam}.
6 Addendum Klingon-English {leSSov} should be lowercase <l> and
  {SibI'} should be uppercase <S>.
7 K-E has {mojaq}, E-K has {mojaQ}. Which is correct?

New words and errors in CK (Conversational Klingon) *************
1 'eq [be early - v]
2 paS [be late - v]
3 Qutlh [be cheap - v]
4 wagh [be expensive - v]
5 When telling time, 12:00 is stated as {cha'maH wa'vatlh rep}
  This should be {wa'maH cha'vatlh rep}.
6 At the restaurant, the waiter says [Bon appetit, Terran] as
  {peSop tera'ngan}. This should be {yISop tera'ngan}.
7 When asked how to eat the food, the waiter replies
  [use your hands] as {ghopDu'lIj yIlo'}.
  This should be {ghopDu'lIj tIlo'}.
8 At the bar, the escort tells the Terran
  [Klingon warriors are butting heads] as
  {qip'egh nachDu'chaj tlhIngan SuvwI'pu'}. Shouldn't this be
  {nachDu'chaj qipchuq tlhIngan SuvwI'pu'}.

New words and errors in PK (Power Klingon) **********************
1 While buying dilithium crystals, it sounds like MO says
  {cha'pujqutmey vIje' mIneH}. This should be
  {cha'pujqutmey vIje' vIneH}.
2 ngagh [mate with - v] from
  {targhlIj yIngagh yIruch}
  [go mate with your targh].
3 luSpet [black hole - n] from
  {ghe''orDaq luSpet 'oH DaqlIj'e'}
  [you belong in a black hole in the netherworld]
  BTW, the insert card has <ghe''or> misspelled.
4 to'baj [kind of food animal - n] from
  {to'baj 'uS lughoDlu'bogh tIlaj}
  [accept these stuffed to'baj legs]
5 HuH [bile - n] from
  {jagh lucharghlu'ta'bogh HuH ghopDu'lIj lungaSjaj}
  [may the bile of the vanquished fill your hands]
  Also, shouldn't <ghopDu'lIj> follow <lungaSjaj>?
6 lItHa' [get off (of) - v] from
  {jol SeHlaw lItHa'}
  [get off that transporter panel]
7 When ordering [don't lick my forehead] it sounds like MO says
  {QuchwIj <DroS>Qo'}. I know that can't be correct. What is the
  correct word for [lick]?
8 qa' [spirit - n] from
  {SoHDaq qeylIS qa' yInjaj}
  [may the spirit of Kahless live within you]

New words from popular usage ************************************
1 nga'chuq [have sex - v]
2 pabpo'wI' [grammarian - n]
3 qa'vIn [coffee, caffeine - n]
4 teS [ear - n] I can't remember where I saw this one.
5 bom - I've seen this recently. What does it mean?
6 vatlhDIS [century - n]
7 SaDDIS [millenium - n]

Back to archive top level