tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 16 16:21:42 1995

Re: Listrivia Re: }} FINALLY!

>> Any word on how the KLI machine is doing on its trek across the country?

>I've heard nothing but conspicuous silence.  Maybe Lawrence has an update
>from Jay?  Either way, we're welcome to stay here as long as is needed on
>stargame.org.....  Dave/qembeltaS.
>To unsubscribe send [email protected] a message of unsubscribe kli

Jumping in here -- Jay manages a machine that runs another list I am on, as well
as the WWW page for it, and a week or two ago heard from him:

Apparently, it was a seriously hideous move, but he is now in place in his new
domicile, working at his new job.  The problems that have arisen are these:

        Net connectivity -- has a sort of rough connection now, but is hoping
        to get a decent, complete connection in the near future so that things
        will run well.

        Power -- his residence has serious power problems which makes quality
        UPS devices for his machines mandatory in order to run them safely for
        all the varied lists, web pages etc.

Rand

Back to archive top level