tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 08 22:08:09 1995

Re: }} Special Klingon Cards

On Tue, 8 Aug 1995, Dona Bazley wrote:

> are these cards the same as like baseball cards?  and there can you get
> them? what do you ask for.

They are SkyBox Star Trek trading cards.  SkyBox prints various series of
Star Trek trading cards, with over 100 cards to a series.  Each series
has around 9 "special" cards and a couple of  hologram cards.  The cards are
commonly sold in packs of 6-8 cards.  In the Next Generation 1st Season
Episodes series, 3 of the special cards had Klingon writing on them
written by Marc Okrand.  They say your chance of finding a special card in a
pack is 1 in 7, and even then, only 1 in 3 would be one of the Klingon cards.

The easiest way to get one of the Klingon cards would be to buy the
entire boxed-set or go to a convention and buy the cards individually.
At conventions, I've seen them for sale for around $8 a piece.

I haven't seen the new cards but I think these new Klingon cards are from
the TNG 2nd Season Episodes series.

The 3rd Season Episodes series isn't out yet, but I say an ad for it
which had a picture of a card with a Klingon Disruptor on it, so I'm
guessing there will be more Klingon writing cards to come.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level