tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 07 16:45:04 1995

Re: }} KLBC!!!

Too much mail? Try the [email protected] version of this list!
On Fri, 4 Aug 1995 [email protected] wrote:

> <<Chris Nielsen writes:
> <<>...So virtually nothing will translate without tedious thought
> <<>and re-writing.  What a bummer!
>
> I'm glad to see Alan Anderson say that thinking in the Klingon manner is not
> tedious.  I find the challenge of learning another language and its attendant
> culture exhilarating.  I am glad that languages have their own little
> patterns and nuances.  I find that learning these differences only enriches
> my appreciation. So, even when I find that I am making a lot of mistakes and
> am getting a little frustrated, I am exhilarated.  Learning how another
> language-speaker thinks is fun!!!!

I think I struck what's known as a bad choice of words...  I don't really
think it's tedious, more a bit of a struggle at the moment, because I'm
so busy at the moment I can't devote enough time to learning the language
to say I'm doing it properly. The result, I am learning slower than I
would hope for.

One day I hope I'll meet a real Klingon and be able to talk to him/her! :)

Chris

Back to archive top level