tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 02 00:27:56 1995

Re: }} Need some advice..

Jim Boniface writes:
> ..."Do not greet Death,
> punch him repeatedly in the throat as he drags you away"....

It looks to me like it translates best as two sentences.  The first
sentence is the command "do not greet Death."  The second sentence has a
main part "punch him repeatedly in the throat" and a subordinate clause "as
he drags you away."  The main part appears to consist of the command "punch
him repeatedly" and a locative "in the throat," but I don't think it means
that you should be standing in the throat when you punch him.  I think it
would translate better as "punch his throat repeatedly."  Putting the
clauses together in conventional Klingon order, it would be:

"You(imperative) don't greet Death."
"While he is dragging you away, you(imperative) repeatedly punch his throat."

I hope I haven't done too much work for you. :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level