tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 02 00:28:00 1995

Re: }} yoD Hov'a'

Holtej writes:
>No no no.  This is absolutely not the limit of the N-N construction.  I wrote
>a two-part article on this for HolQeD, 3:3 and 3:4.  I'm too tired right now
>to reconstruct the relevant pieces here, but if you don't get HolQeD, ask me,
>and I WILL post something useful.

Okay, I'm reasonably satisfied.  My concept of "possessive" apparently
matches the definition of the linguistic "GENITIVE".  I don't see a problem
with labeling "the strategy of the team" or "Tellun's star system"
possessive, but when a true language-scientist tells me it's really
GENITIVE-non-possessive I honorably yield.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level