tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 19 18:48:44 1995

Princess Bride (was Re: yIHegh'eghrup)

On Wed, 19 Apr 1995, Steve Weaver wrote:

> Yes! I like it too. I was just watching it with my Nephew this Easter and
> thought I'd try to put this line in the original Klingon, too. But someone
> beat me to it (Good job Silauren!).

call me naQ'avwI'.  *grin*  seriously, though -- watching the flick with
my younger brother, i thought the entire script might be good to
translate (or, at least certain scenes... those in "The Pit" come to
mind).  does anyone know where i can get a copy of the movie script (in
English)?

> The English phrase is "Prepare to die", "yourself" doesn't belong there
> (IMO), but that leaves us with {Heghrup} (can you say it like that?) or
> {yIHeghrup}, I can see why Silauren wants to put the "onself" {-'egh} in
> there, though.

i agree with charghwI's commentary; it works, nice and simple, as
<yIHeghrup>, and by trying to add {-'egh} i only managed to tangle the
line... <yIHeghrup> it is.  *grin*  thanks for the help, folks.

--naQ'avwI'

*&* nuqneH.  *'InI'go' *montoy'a' 'oH ponglIj'e'.  vavlI' DaHoHta'.
*&*      yIHeghrup.       (---from the Princess Bride)
*&* naQ'avwI' / Silauren, Half-Elven / [email protected]

Back to archive top level